Most leaders are “built” not “born.” Many labor under the misconception that leadership is an innate ability resident only in a select few. It is possible to look at great leaders of the past and think that they possess some genetic or socialized code that we cannot possess. The truth is that some people are “born leaders” but they are small minority of the people actually called upon to lead.
Additionally, leadership is no longer confined to just the people at the top of the organization. Historically, organizations only required the people at the top of the organization to lead, but in today’s complex organizations where all the energies of the organization are centered on the customer, it is necessary for people at all levels to be competent leaders. At any given point in time, anyone can be called on to take a leadership role in a mission-critical project.
We use a simple and powerful model for development of leadership ability. By following these five steps, we can improve the understanding and capability of leaders at all levels of the organization.
- We help you identify the leadership capabilities required by leaders in your organization.
- We then measure those competencies at an individual and organizational level.
- We facilitate the articulation of the individual and organizational development activities to grow the leaders.
- We help leaders complete the activities that will improve their leadership.
- Finally we measure the growth of the leaders by reassessing their capabilities.